About Me

My photo
Jesus is greater than everything.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cries of the Lovesick


In this life, we can be sure of three things: death, taxes, and suffering. Everyone suffers. And what we need most is the love of God that secures our hope. We are lovesick sufferers.

The Lord has used passages of Psalms 32-42 to drive belief in His unmerited favor deep into my soul, reviving it just enough to sustain the breaths I breathe and the steps I take.

I wanted to share some of the morsels that have been most savory to the life of my spirit.

I hope your faith is bolstered as well.

---

Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the LORD.
(Psalm 32:10)

Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his steadfast love.
(Psalm 33:18)

Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.
(Psalm 34:5)

Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!
(Psalm 34:8)

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
(Psalm 34:18)

Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all.
(Psalm 34:19)

Let those who delight in my righteousness shout for joy and be glad and say evermore, “Great is the LORD, who delights in the welfare of his servant!”
(Psalm 35:27)           

Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
(Psalm 37:4)

For the arms of the wicked shall be broken, but the LORD upholds the righteous.
(Psalm 37:17)

The steps of a man are established by the LORD, when he delights in his way;
(Psalm 37:23)

The LORD will not abandon him to his power or let him be condemned when he is brought to trial.
(Psalm 37:33)

But for you, O LORD, do I wait; it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer.
(Psalm 38:15)

“And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you."
(Psalm 39:7)

I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry.
(Psalm 40:1)           

As for you, O LORD, you will not restrain your mercy from me; your steadfast love and your faithfulness will ever preserve me!
(Psalm 40:11)

As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God!
(Psalm 40:17)

Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation.
(Psalm 42:5)

---

The LORD is good. He will never leave nor forsake me.

He is my only hope.

.DSN.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting, David. I especially am blessed by Psalm 40:11 ("you will not restrain your mercy from me) and 40:17 ("As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me").

    ReplyDelete